top of page

Useful Links

There are some regulations and rules regarding livestock, and how much land you have.

Talk to your council about requirements and make sure your fencing is secure. 

You will need to get a Property Identification Code or PIC number.

You can get these through the DPI (Department of Primary Industries).

Your local council could even help you with this.

PIC numbers the basis of all livestock movements and your PIC number will be used when you buy and sell your animals, and any movements from one property (PIC) to another. 

When you buy, sell or move an animal your PIC number is documented, Along with the animals NILS tag. (National Livestock Identification System), on your waybill or NVD (National Vendor Declaration). 

It's Easy once you have done it. ;)

National Livestock Identification System (NLIS)

The National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) is Australia's system for the identification and traceability of cattle, sheep and goats. NLIS reflects Australia's commitment to biosecurity and food safety and provides a competitive advantage in a global market.

Meat And Livestock Australia (MLA) 

Identification and Traceablity of livestock movements in Australia. 
- National Vendor Declaration (NVD forms and applications 

Property identification codes (PICs)

The PIC system operates nationally to allow animals to be traced throughout Australia if an animal disease outbreak or contamination incident occurs.

PICs are a critical part of Australia's animal biosecurity.

Please see your local council for applications. 

All Breeds of Miniature Goat and Sheep Society
This helpful group of goat enthusiasts have a wealth of knowledge, The Website has information on the recognised breeds of Miniature Goats in Australia, traits, and comformation of all the breeds. 

bottom of page